Saturday, July 14, 2007

Intensive Latin and Dan's Travels

Intensive Latin, meeting even on Independence Day, has occupied all the time that I am not eating or sleeping. The house is a mess, the garden weedy, my musician's fingers have lost their calluses, and Dan is away visiting family with the camera in tow. 6 weeks down, 4 more to go. It is finally beginning to sink in, and we've moved from grammar charts to sight-reading funny little plays about greedy old men, pius daughters, weddings with thieves, flute players, and cooks. And every hero is visited unharmed by snakes in his cradle as a baby. Much better than hic, haec, hoc (the first 5 weeks)! Dan says he would have gone mad.

Dan is in and out all month, having visited North Carolina, San Francisco, and later Germany and Washingon DC. I envy the time he is spending with his great family, including a long-lost branch, and especially the Mexican food he is enjoying out west. I just haven't been satisfied with the Mexican food out here. Anyway, I hope to have pictures to share when he returns.

Back to reading about the Roman's love/hate relationship with Hannibal and the Elephants.

3 comments:

Becca said...

Eva, I'm glad the curriculum is getting better. You are a trooper!

i'm h.mac said...

Eva, Hello! You are amazing and I want to rent some of your ambition from time to time. I love your drive and love of learning, you can do it!!!!!!!!!

i'm h.mac said...

CONGRATS on the pregnancy! We were all so excited when you left us this message on our blog. Even Grayce started jumping up and down and saying, my Connecticut primary teacher is pregnant, yeah for Eva! We miss you guys and all of the New Havenites. In fact last fall we were going through withdrawals so badly we talked often about PHD. Then it was over, but we do miss it. This gelata place we have here is low key, only 2 flavors of custard. THe real stuff you were talking about sounds DIVINE, one day Scott and I will go travel when the kids are gone.......it was so good to hear from you and I love reading the blog!