Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Fourth Anniversary--flowers






We went up to visit NW Mass and SW Vermont for our fourth anniversary. We were so smart to get married around a 3-day weekend. We visited, among other things, Edith Wharton's cottage in the Berkshires, shown here with some inspiring tulip display. Dan is shown next to a statue of his ancestor General John Stark, who routed the British in the Battle of Bennington. We were also caught in a tremendous thunderstorm in the Green Mountains--here is soaked hiker Eva.

7 comments:

Becca said...

I can absolutely see that Dan has the General's eyes.

Todd said...

Great to see that you guys have a blog!

Looks like you had fun over your anniversary.

Becca said...

Yo, evadan! Can we put your link on our blog? (no pressure!)

Eva said...

I am honored at the invitation, shaneandbecca, to join the luminaries on your auspicious glorious sophisticated humerous and enlightening BLOG. I have yet to figure out how to add links, and when I do, I'll return the favor.

nathalia said...

Blog-stalking has brought me a treasure-- So glad to have wandered onto yours! I've always wanted to see Edith Wharton's estate but missed the opportunity when we were a little closer. It looks beautiful! And Dan's shirt made me think of Tillamook cheese... yum!

nathalia said...

oops! Sorry, you may not know who that was! Above post is me: Natalie Tolley!

Eva said...

I was actually just a little bit pregnant on this hike; I was a complete wimp and didn't know exactly why....until a week or so later...