Sunday, November 15, 2009

The Truck Museum and other good times

Orion and I spent an afternoon at the Golden Age of Trucking Museum in Middlefield, CT. It was pretty terrific for a guy who likes trucks; Orion didn't hold still for a second. Cars and trucks and fire engines and antique cars and even boats-- this place had about an airplane-hangar full of gleaming vehicles, with one that was built for climbing around, and a play area and snack area. I'd recommend it for a rainy afternoon with a toddler.



My favorite was this milk truck and the red fire engines below.


Because we had the place to ourselves, we ignored the under100lb/3yearsandup rules on the wiggle cars. These were really a treat for both of us.

And, back at the ranch--Orion likes to help cook ("mama/daddy/Orion kooking?"



Playing with my old Duplos also a major activity around the house. He's named the Duplo people Sam, Anna, Lucy, and Ruff (the dog). Lots of fun.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

How did I not know about that museum?!? Juma would've loved it. (I think he still will.)

Sam said...

Cuteness prevails! Huzzah!

Sam said...

I love Orion! And his wonderful parents. Miss 'em, too....

Jill said...

Hi Eva! Orion is growing up! Hope life in New Haven is going well. We miss it!