Sunday, December 7, 2008

Orion's first Thanksgiving 2008


Grandma Susie came for Thanksgiving, along with my brother and sisters. Orion was happy to see Grandma, until she picked him up--that was suddenly way too familiar for him. (Don't worry, mom, he fears the immersion blender much much more. A new and fearsome development--I don't know if I can make potato-leek soup for a while. He also fears "what does a lion say?" I think those are all the frightening things for our li'l O.) Aforementioned siblings, some of whom are captured incriminatingly:

And le fam. Thanks for coming out to visit, and cooking and entertaining!

Now, who's that handsome guitar-pickin' devil? Orion remains fascinated by the guitar, climbing all over the case, where he especially likes the buckles and clasps.
He also loves piggyback rides. Here I am a-ridin' too close to the camera--it's an action shot. Yee-haw! Gallop-a-gallop-a-gallop!
Grandma Susie solidifying the initially uneasy friendship.
And in a break from tradition, I made a cherry pie for Thanksgiving. No pie I make is the same, but I think this is the first floral. (Plaid, of course, is most common, but maybe the concord grape pie was moire, and maybe I'll try houndstooth next, or perhaps toile de joie.)

Before, above, and after oven and dinner:

4 comments:

Becca said...

Woah, gorgeous pie. And I'm still thinking about your concord grape. yum.

Justin, Kalee, Jackson, Ava and Gabriella Peacock said...

Wow! What a fun family thanksgiving! We are in awe over your pie skills! We would love to have you come to a hockey game! It has actually been Justin and Jackson only, because Ava is hard to keep from climbing and running all over!:)

J-L-J-E said...

That is so pretty! I'm going to try it. Though I usually make chicken pot pie, and I don't know how well a chicken in the crust will go over, but we'll see.

Lia

Kristy said...

Eva- It has been fun catching up on your blog. Orion is getting so big and he is so cute. I haven't seen pictures of him in a while. This pie is beautiful! I hope you had a wonderful holiday season!