Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Orion sayings and creative outlet

Crashing a party at a Master's house at Yale, and providing some entertainment...
One of his favorite tricks: "A-pane! A-pane!" Airplane, flying on the floor.
Orion's vocabulary and sentence-forming have exploded in the last two weeks. I went to get him up from his nap yesterday, and he fully said, "Mama, please can I get up now?" Which is cute and unusual both because it was a full polite sentence and the fact that we've converted his crib to a toddler bed, so he can get up whenever he likes. No one has enlightened him of this fact, and that is fine with me. We also made fresh lemonade for the first time this week, and he calls it "mamanade", which is appropriate, since I did the bulk of the lemon squeezing. It was worth it, though; a perfect taste of summer. Orion has also been singing more songs, such as O my darling Clementine (chorus), Doggydog Dover, Rainbow Connection/Somewhere Over the Rainbow (his favorite requests for bedtime songs: "ainbow shjong? Oder ainbow schong?" I have to sing them both).


He also loves taking pictures with the camera. Here are a few of the many examples, which I have titled.
"Afternoon Light, Ghost-Bride Curtain"


"Waiting for Dinner"

"Untitled: Chandelier"

"Red Clock"

"Daddy Prepares Dinner"

"Mama"


"Study in Yellow, Blue, White: Tipsy Yellow Galosh"

No comments: