Sunday, September 14, 2008

Some Amsterdam Pictures









We had a wonderful time in Amsterdam; Dan went to a conference, I enjoyed some work in the Rijksmuseum print collection, and Orion got in some terrific grandparent time. Thanks Grandpa Joe and Gma Karen for coming along! Orion traveled well, and ate in memorable locations such as Anne Frank's bedroom, in front of Titian and Rubens at the Rijksmuseum, during rijstafel feasts, and in the courtyard of the Frans Hals museum. As his main source of calories, I never turned down cream on top of my hot chocolate (the best was at De Joffers, where Orion beams over the menu, pictured here). And the last picture is for Samantha, who likes dahlias, and I thought of her at the flower market.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh, how I do love Amsterdam. I'm glad you had a good trip. And now Orion beats out Juma for youngest-age for travel to foreign countries.

Jill said...

wow, looks like a great trip. Way to go for not letting your baby stop you from traveling! I'd love to go to Amsterdam again.... ahh.