Sunday, December 2, 2007

NOW more pictures

OK, I was interrupted posting. Here are more pictures from England:
Greenwich, which for a while was my home in London, and of course is the home of zero degrees longitude. On one "day off" from my research I spent some time in the park which holds the Royal Observatory.




Another day I traveled to Hampton Court, a lovely brick castle filled with history but also wonderful formal gardens. My friend Samantha came down to explore it with me. My excuse for visiting was Mantegna's series of paintings the Triumph of Caesar, which was displayed in a disappointing manner, despite its location in the orangerie, but it was still worth the trip.






The next day Teru (Samantha's husband) joined us in London and Greenwich, and we snacked in the crypt of St. Paul's, visited Borrough's market which was a feast for all senses, and then they cooked me dinner, which was much appreciated. Here they are en route to St. Paul's, and contemplating a wealth of cheeses.




This is hardly a complete travellog, so I'll just add a few more pictures, of my trip to Kew Gardens--which had an exhibit of Henry Moore's sculpture at the same time among the Victorian greenhouses...and with my friend Sarah K at St. James' park...and with my friend and patient hostess Freyja in Berlin...and some wondrous cakes we had together, near the Charlottenburg. Those cakes were, along with the Gemaldegalerie, and a Campagnola engraving, highlights of my trip to Berlin. I had a Black Forest cake--chocolate and cherry and cream--




1 comment:

i'm h.mac said...

eva, these are beautiful. i love seeing you so cute and preggo. i have to admit it is surprising because i didn't think any part of your body was capable of any sort of a bulge!